Main Forum
Welcome back!
Hey it's super great to see you back on the Redfur Forums. Be sure to stop around some more, we really like hanging out with you :d
Page
of 2

Fish for a Guild Trader

13 replies
StuWade aM++
Drakes:
+693
Votes:
+351
Admins
Officer +
Fish for a Guild Trader!

We all enjoy the advantages of having a Guild Trader, being able to dump loads of not-useful-to-me stuff and turn it into cash. However, not all of us are in a position to make donations to our Guild Bank and the Guild Trader costs each of the Guilds several hundreds of thousands of gold each week. The 3.5% levy on all sales that the Guild receives simply does not cover that cost.

I propose a win-win solution to this problem. Many of you are aware that some of your rubbish can be utilised in odd ways. Insect Parts from butterflies, Guts from small animals, Crawlers from spiders and Worms from picking flowers are all bait for fishing. Rather than throw them away, have a dabble and break up your slaughter of innocents (and not-so-innocents) with a bit of fishing - and here's the incentive. The white fish you catch, which have a vendor value of 3g - I will buy from you at a guaranteed price of 5g each - and for every hundred fish you send me I will send you a bonus of 5,000g - you don't have to clutter up your bags with them either, just mail them to me when you get them and I shall keep the tally and send you the cash. How is this win-win? I shall fillet those fish and hopefully get some Perfect Roe - which I shall sell and give the profit to our Guild Banks - sharing equally between Trading and Exchange. If there is no profit - I shall stand any loss myself. You can easily catch 50 fish in half an hour, do that twice a week and you are 5.5k richer and, with luck, the Guild has benefited as well.

Of course, if you are already a dedicated angler - this is no deal for you, we just ask that you sell your caviar through our Guild Trader, but all those little fishes being vendored for 3g apiece need no longer go to waste.

Note:
  • Use Worms in the Ocean
  • Use Guts in a Lake
  • Use Insect Parts in a River
  • Use Crawlers in Foul Water
  • If you get 'Used Bait' you are using the wrong bait for that fishing hole
  • Secondary Baits - caught while fishing ...
  • Chub for Oceans
  • Fish Roe for Foul Water
  • Minnow for Lakes
  • Shad for Rivers
4 x cp790+
4 x Master Angler
3 x full 9-trait Crafter
Redfur Trader since: January 2015
Redfur Exchanger since April 2015

RIP Dorander - "He gave the right answer to the wrong question"
Posted Jul 30, 15 · OP · Last edited Jun 14, 16
List
Undo
Officer
Drakes:
+333
Votes:
+254
Officer +
I've taken out some of the fish stacks, made food with them, sold it and put the money I made from that back into both banks. I hope that's of help as well. :)
ragdollboots.gif
Posted Aug 1, 15 · Last edited Aug 1, 15
List
Undo
LordMarf aM++
Drakes:
+1,608
Votes:
+655
Admins
Officer +
Excellent work, very grateful for everything as well :d
Posted Aug 1, 15
Zlater af
Founder
Drakes:
+625
Votes:
+287
Admins
Founder
awesome work!
Posted Aug 2, 15
Llynya a++
Officer
Drakes:
+869
Votes:
+310
Admins
Officer +
Donator
wrote:
(...)
  • Use Worms in the Ocean
  • Use Guts in a Lake
  • Use Insect Parts in a River
  • Use Crawlers in Foul Water
  • If you get 'Used Bait' you are using the wrong bait for that fishing hole

I found a good spot in DC: the wayshrine of Boralis in Rivenspire: there are plenty of butterflies and fireflies near the shrine. Then just go left and the river is down there with a fishing spot and again a firefly nearby.

There I got "fish eggs" as bait. I read here, you can use them in foul water as well (still need to find foul water to t check).
Campfire-related stuff Lean back and enjoy (constructive criticism welcome).
Posted Oct 25, 15 · Last edited Oct 25, 15
List
Undo
StuWade aM++
Drakes:
+693
Votes:
+351
Admins
Officer +
Edited the first post to append the Secondary Baits that can be caught whilst fishing - they are every bit as good as the Primary Baits already listed.
4 x cp790+
4 x Master Angler
3 x full 9-trait Crafter
Redfur Trader since: January 2015
Redfur Exchanger since April 2015

RIP Dorander - "He gave the right answer to the wrong question"
Posted Oct 26, 15 · OP
List
Undo
Donator
Drakes:
+417
Votes:
+187
Donator
It sounds like a fun win win idea Stu.

I have quite a stack of various baits in my bank so in between lvling my new alt ill do some relaxing fishing and send you all that i catch.
Posted Mar 30, 16
List
Undo
Officer
Drakes:
+372
Votes:
+229
Officer +
Oh, keep bumping it, Mister! I'll be fishing over a glass of wine with Mr David Bowie later.

Yeah... I'm planning to cost you a fortune!
"I used to hunt for guts in that cave where you lick frogs and trip balls" ~ SunTouched
Posted May 6, 16
Officer
Drakes:
+72
Votes:
+69
Officer +
fishing is fun fishing is relaxing fish fish away
Posted May 19, 16
Officer
Drakes:
+214
Votes:
+87
Officer +
Grrrr... i wanna fish but bloody maintenance :( stu all me fishes will directly be send to you ! ::d
For the guild !!!
Posted Jun 6, 16
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices